Sunday, March 13, 2011

DJ DARIA


LOVELY DJ DARïA making her mark early so don't sleep on this one or it will creep on you

[IF]When did you first start listening to EDM?

[DJ DARïA]First started listening to EDM in middle school (Discovery by Daft Punk was my first album)

[IF]What was your first event as a attendee?

[DJ DARïA] My first event as a attendee was Trippendicular 4 at the Regency in 2007

[IF]Who was your first favorite artist/group?

[DJ DARïA]At that time I was very fond of several drum and bass artists, Hype, Future Prophecies, Pendulum. There was still drum and bass rooms at events (which are unfortunately very nonexistent nowadays). I also from day one loved anything by Eric Prydz.

[IF]When did you first start producing?

[DJ DARïA]I first started producing after taking an electronic music studio class at my high school.

[IF]When did you start DJing?How did you learn?

[DJ DARïA]I started DJing a bit after I started making music. I sort of just watched my friends, saw them use the mixer, and their different styles, and used that to basically teach myself and develop my own style of mixing.

[IF]First setup and current set up(including comps, software,drum-pads, etc)

[DJ DARïA]My first set up was an M-Audio Axiom 25 key. I still use it to this day and its still my lil' baby. I first learned how to produce through Reason, and later on moved to Ableton and Logic.

[IF] When was your first Gig/Performance?

[DJ DARïA]My first "gig" I would say was a club on folsom in which my friend was too drunk to spin on his birthday.

[IF]Who has been a major influence to your productions?

[DJ DARïA]An influence on my productions would definitely be all artists out of Ninja Tune and Dirtybird. At the same time I have weird influences for beats like noises I hear in on the street, ie. cars honking, turn signals, animals, weird shit like that.

[IF]What are your future goals for performances and productions?

[DJ DARïA]My future goals would be to have a full album of tracks completed by next year. And to have a production company...in some dimension of life.

[IF]Do you collaborate with anyone?If so who?

[DJ DARïA]Collaborations? I can't name any names but in the future expect big things from some sexy ladies and myself.

[IF] What is your Favorite or preferred performing equipment?(;Turntables(maker)/CDJ's/Drum-pads/Keyboards/Controllers)

[DJ DARïA]My preferred performing equipment would be Pioneer 2000s. So sleek, and get the job done.

[IF]What is the biggest event you want to perform at?

[DJ DARïA]The biggest event I would want to perform at would be Carnival in Brazil. If at all possible to have my own float. Yeah, I dream too big.

Tracks From Dj DARIA:
  Maison du Fou Mix by DJ DARïA
  Attek n' Wrekq Mix by DJ DARïA
More sounds
  Latest tracks by DJ DARïA

No comments:

Post a Comment