Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lovecraft

Lovecraft 
My name is Cody Williams. I live in San Francisco. I like music.
 

[IF] When did you first start listening to EDM?
[Lovecraft] I first started listening to electronic music in the late 90's to folks like Fatboy Slim, Daft Punk, Portishead... although I wasn't truly involved with music until I found out about the IDM/beat music scene, which blew me away.
 
[IF]What was your first event as a attendee?
[Lovecraft] My first electronic event was a small rave called the Black and White Ball near Alameda.
 
[IF]Who was your first favorite artist/group?
[Lovecraft] I would have to say my first favorite group would be Crosby Stills Nash and Young. When it comes to electronic music it would definitely be Flying Lotus.
 
[IF]When did you start DJing?How did you learn?
[Lovecraft] I started dj'ing about 4 years ago with some Vinyl tables- the learning process was just of time logged figuring things out.

[IF]First setup and current set up(including comps, software,drum-pads, etc)
[Lovecraft] My first setup consisted two Technics 1200's and a Rane 56, my current setup consists of a Roland Gaia, Rane 68, Cdj-2000 and one technics 1200.

[IF]When was your first Gig/Performance?
[Lovecraft]My first gig was a house party in San Francisco.

[IF]Who has been a major influence to your productions?
[Lovecraft]My largest influence as a producer is Flying Lotus, closely tailed by Bullion.

[IF]What are your future goals for performances and productions?
[Lovecraft] I want to play my music wherever people want to hear it, as long as I have the chance.

[IF]Do you collaborate with anyone?If so who?
[Lovecraft] I Do a lot of collaborating with my friends and some folks I've met through music.

[IF]What is your Favorite or preferred performing equipment?(Turntables(maker)/CDJ's/Drum-pads/Keyboards/Controllers) 
[Lovecraft]Two Decks and a Mixer/serato, doesn't really matter what kind of decks but I am digging the 1200's and CDj 2000. Kaoss Pads are always fun too.

[IF]What is the biggest event you want to perform at?
[Lovecraft] I would love to play some of the big festivals if I ever got a chance.

[IF] What DJs/producers would you like to see performing local more?
[Lovecraft] It would be great if some of the IDM/Dubstep from the UK hit the bay a little more often.

Tracks By lovecraft:
  Badoop Bop (skat bombs) by lovecraft 
  Caprese by lovecraft 
  Uprocious (lovecraft remix instrumental) by lovecraft
  Painted Mask - Lovecraft + Nicky C by lovecraft   Stained old spittoon by lovecraft

More:
  Latest tracks by lovecraft

No comments:

Post a Comment