Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spine Chilla

 Spine Chilla, Yay Area

[IF]When did you first start listening to EDM?
[Spine Chilla] I probably first remember hearing EDM in the first Blade. That scene is still my favorite action scene in a club by far. I had to get that song, and I did on the original Napster. That began a massive downloading spree that got me listening too more music than I could imagine.

[IF]What was your first event as a attendee?
[Spine Chilla]Lovefest was my first rave type event, and when I went I realized that had been what I had been missing for so long. It opened my eyes to a whole new world of social gatherings. A place where music can be played at ridiculous levels and people can dress up wearing crazy lights. I didn't get the whole rave candy fad and still don't really understand it. I wish people would be more original in their fits. Wear a glow in the dark braclet or one that strobes. FUCK!!!!

[IF]Who was your first favorite artist/group?
[Spine Chilla]Trentemoller really got me into deeper EDM, he was using a lot of cool textures and unique builups that I had never real heard at the time. BIG UP to FLY LO too because he was the first person too have incredible engineering since the pre-sellout Dr. Dre.

[IF]When did you first start producing?
[Spine Chilla] I started first producing when I was about 16 years old with Reason. Then I copped Ableton and Protools. Thats legit for now, but there are so many sick programs and there is so much dope sound equipment , I can't wait to get some legit speakers. Although, the Internet is a great place to great free sounds and plugins and other goodies.
 
[IF]When did you start DJing?How did you learn?
[Spine Chilla] I started using Ableton for DJing and still use it. I may get CDJS and I plan I getting a lot more vinyl to possible just run off vinyl. However, that is really pricey, but it would be too legit.
 
[IF]Who has been a major influence to your productions?
[Spine Chilla ]So many artists I could go on for days, but I have to say I am a huge fan of FLY LO new shit on sound effects with the Miguel-Atwood symphony. I really want to do some shit like that. Tom Cosm has got some dope modulations and he's got some good ableton tutorials online. Props to anyone whose droppin knowledge. I'm a huge fan of 16bit because they're always messing with new sounds. Can't forget Noisia and Spor, the godfathers of growling drum and bass.

[IF]Do you collab with anyone?If so who?
[Spine Chilla] I want to collab with as many people as possible. DJ's, musicians, some fuckin tribal drummers in a random jungle, and so on

[IF]What is your Favorite or prefered performing equipment?(ie;Turntables(maker)/CDjs/Drumpads/Keyboards/Controllers)

[Spine Chilla] Again, hard to really talk about prefered equipment because there are so many little pieces of random equipment that are amazing. I still love messing with hardware synths from the 70's and 80's

[IF]What is the biggest event you want to perform at?
SHAMBHALA BITCHES

  Kilumanati Fuck NWO Mix by SPINE CHILLA 

No comments:

Post a Comment