Thursday, February 17, 2011

EMERGE


EMERGE(John}
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN TRANCE MAGIC! you will after you've experienced an Emerge Life Podcast ( what i mean by Trance Magic= dirty uplifting tunes if you don't know you simply have to experience). I met this guy in 2008 and ever since I have experienced great vibes constantly from this guy. Check him out!

Links to Emerge Stuff:

-SoundCloud Page (kinda empty being that im trying to get most of my work signed now):

EMERGE SOUNDCLOUD

EMERGE LIFE PODOMATIC

EMERGE FB FAN PAGE


[IF]When did you first start listening to EDM?

[EMERGE] I would have to say my first real brush with Electronic Dance Music was when i was about 12/13 years old. There was this Non Profit radio station where I lived that would play old school House and Trance. I remember liking the energy it had and how it made my heart race. At the time i had no clue what it was called or what to even consider it, I just knew it felt good.

I've been a lover of many types of music, at the age of 6 i was a big fan of "Dark Side of the Moon", something about the textures in that album that really got me into progressive styles of music. I loved experimenting with new types of music, and in high school i had a good friend Vince Torres, who gave me a ton of Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada. I Was hooked. It was then i knew I really loved Electronic music. It seemed so lush and full of possibilities. I then took a deep dive into that realm.

[IF]What was your first event as a attendee?

[EMERGE] Damn... lets see here. My first event was at a club in florida where i was attending music production school. Or you could count this small out door rave i went to call "Rumble In the Nest".


Who was your first favorite artist/group?

[EMERGE] WOW. Pink Floyd set the stage, then came Radiohead, Aphex Twin, and those types of artist.


[IF]When did you first start producing?

[EMERGE] I've been writing songs since i got my first guitar at the age of 12, messed around in a few bands a wrote a few tunes. It wasn't until I got into recording music via Computer that i really began my "Producing". In early 2004 I began a project called "Patience For Air" it was an experimental electronic thing i came up with. Very ambient and glitchy. I became addicted to producing. I couldn't believe how I could manipulate sounds. I then went to school in Florida for music production in 2006. It was then i knew this would be my life long career. I began hitting the "4 on the floor" in mid 2007. Since then my weird taste in music progressed into what it is now, Progressive Trance.


[IF]When did you start DJing?

The DJing started when I began making more dance related music in 07. I figured it was the right thing to do if I wanted people to hear what I was making. I had no concept of trying to get things singed, or be big. I just found it really fun.

[IF]How did you learn?

[EMERGE] Being that I spend most of my time producing I am generally pretty broke :P, So to learn I would burn a bunch of CD's and walk to the guitar center that was right down the street from where I lived. They had a DJ set up there, so I would just go and spin for hours until they started looking at me funny.


[IF]First setup and current set up(including comps, software,drum-pads, etc)

[EMERGE] Lets see here, my first set up was a super crappy compaq PC that had Cuebase LE on it (Oh the days), then when i was attending school in Florida I made a small upgrade to a less crapier PC and was using Nuendo 3. I saved up a ton of money and then bought my pride and joy... A Mac Book Pro ♥ Made the EPIC switch to Logic Pro and haven't looked back since. I have a simple 44-key M-Audio Keyboard, a Trigger Finger, and an ungodly amount of VST's and Sexy Plugins ;)

As for my DJ set up, I have the simplest set up you can get with $600 bucks. 2- Dennon DN-S100's and a 2 Channel Numark Mixer. Nothin special, i truly believe that proper track selection, knowledge of key, quality transitions/beat matching, and connecting with the vibe of the room/crowd, are your tools to throwing it down and rockin a dance floor.


[IF]When was your first Gig/Performance?

[EMERGE] A house with a bunch of close friends, as well as a ton of empty dance floors, that was the earliest start of "DJing" for me, I would have to say when i was working on a project in San Fransico titled "ABDCTN" that i got some of my first real gigs (Yet even more empty dance floors lol).


[IF]Who has been a major influence to your productions?

[EMERGE]My current productions have been influenced by a lot of amazing producers, such as Skytech, Rex Mundi, Jochen Miller, Mr. Pit. W&W, Ummet Ozcan, Cosmic Gate, Jon O'bir, Ben Gold, just to name of few. Geeze there are so much more!!


[IF]What are your future goals for performances and productions?

[EMERGE] I have set some very ambitious goals for myself this year.
Short term producing goals: Get all this material that i've been working on for so long, all released (Glad to say its finally happening). I've also be given some remix work by Neuroscience Recordings (Heavy A-lister Support) and have been chugging away at it. I have a few very high quality originals that I've been crafting and mastering for submission to labels.

Long Term producing goals: Get on ASOT/TATW/GDJB etc. lol as well as having releases on Armada, Black Hole, Spinnin ect. (I WILL do this within the next year/ 2 years). With every production I make I see and feel my skill progress. I honestly don't feel that these goal are out of reach by any means.

Short Term performance goals: more consistency, better pay lol.

Long Term performance goals: Established fan base in larger cities, gigs every weekend :)


[IF]Do you collaborate with anyone?If so who?

[EMERGE] I just recently got into the studio with trance veteran: Mike EFEX (Armada, Infrasonic, Coldharbour), and all I can say is we are cooking up some massive heat for the dance floor ;)


[IF]What is your Favorite or preferred performing equipment?(;Turntables(maker)/CDJ's/Drum-pads/Keyboards/Controllers)

[EMERGE]Performing equipment would have to be Pioneer CDj 1000's or 2000's those things are like butter. I love the Pioneer 800 mixer as well. The 2000 mixer feels like its laid out kinda funky, but I guess I need more practice with it. I like to keep it simple and make quality transitions and connecting with people on the dance floor (Singing the words at the top of my lungs lol)

[IF]What is the biggest event you want to perform at?

[EMERGE]Man... I don't even know, Trance Energy? Mayday? Sensation White? Ultra? Luminosity? so manny. As a massive trance head i guess I'll start with Trance Energy lol.  

Tracks:
  Latest tracks by Emerge

No comments:

Post a Comment