Thursday, February 17, 2011

[PLAY TOO MUCH]Andy P


[Play too Much] Andy P/Sir Andre Bass Ca based DJ/Producer
For as long as I've seen this guy perform the crowd has had no other choice except get infused with his sound if you have a chance to catch him perform you will no longer be lacking decibels when you leave the party.

[IF]When did you first start listening to EDM?

[Andy P] I've been into EMD as far as I can remember. I remember it really catching my ear in grade school. But I didn't really start following producers until late high school tho.


[IF]What was your first event as a attendee?

[Andy P]My first EDM event was back 2001 I believe when I was a sophomore in high school. It was a house nation event at the Santa Clara Fairgrounds with DJ Irene and Richard Humpty Vission.


[IF]Who was your first favorite artist/group?

[Andy P]My first fav artist were Richard Humpty Vssion, Bad Boy Bill, and DJ irene. I would rock their mixes all day every day in high school.


[IF]When did you first start producing?

[Andy P] I started producing while I was attending school at expression college in Emeryville ca. I started attending in 2008 and have been slowly learning more since then. No chart toppers yet but hopefully in the future.

[IF]When did you start DJing?How did you learn?

[Andy P] I got my first pair of turntables in 8th grade and stared learning by trial and error from their. I sucked so bad and didn't realize the concept of beat matching until high school.

[IF]First setup and current set up(including comps, software,drum-pads, etc)

[Andy P] My first setup was a bootsy laptop, headphones, running cubase. I hardly messed with it cause I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Since then Ive upgraded to a mac pro, mbox 2, Mackie MR8's, Virus TI Polar, and way to many plug - ins to count. I feel like I got the tools and now it's time to focus and put in serious work.

[IF]When was your first Gig/Performance?

[Andy P] Aside from high school party's and small things here and there my first real event with my name on the flyer was in 2002 at a party called Hard Drive in San Leandro. It was an all hard house party and I was the only one droppin funky / Jackin house. it was deff good times.

[IF]Who has been a major influence to your productions?

[Andy P] Of coarse my fav producers. Bart B More is huuge influence on some of the stuff that I aim to make. I also really aim for tracks similar to Kavsrave.


[IF]What are your future goals for performances and productions?

[Andy P] I really want to focus on playing out town, state, and ultimately out of country. In regards to production I really wanna get Play Too Much off off the ground which is a music blog and a record label. I would really like to make a name for myself with Andy P production and also an alternate alias Sir Andre Bass producing dubstep.  (not brostep)

[IF]Do you collaborate with anyone?If so who?

[Andy P] I don't really collaborate as much as I like to. It's really hard to find someone to sit down and knock out a toon because I live so far from everyone. You can always transfer files but I feel like it's not the same as sitting down and coming up with ideas together. At the moment I would like to focus on my own production because I feel like it's not where it should be.

[IF]What is your Favorite or preferred performing equipment?

[Andy P] I would have to saaay a brand new pair of CD-J 2000's and a DJM - 800 mixer and I'm one happy son of a bitch.

[IF]What is the biggest event you want to perform at?

[Andy P] Well pretty much every massive festival in the UK haha and stateside I would have to say EDC.

Tracks:
  Udachi - Stumble (Andy P remix entry) by Andy_P
  Vendetta - Andy P by Andy_P
  DRC & DJ Denise - Get Off Ur (Andy P Remix) by Andy_P 
  Spend More Money - Bootleg (clip) by Andy_P 

    Sir Andre Bass - Blue Dream by Andy_P

  Hit Em - Sir Andre Bass by Andy_P

Mixes:
  Touch Bass 3 by Andy_P 

You can Find more of his work here
  Latest tracks by Andy_P 

No comments:

Post a Comment