Thursday, February 17, 2011

[Freddie Fiers]


[Freddie Fiers] Fridlyn

Huge support from Freddie Fiers, making sure we had a legit spot at her shows This ladies style  is one to notice don't let her catch you slipping her beats might make your heart skip.

FREDDIE FIERS FB 
twitter 

[IF]When did you first start listening to EDM?
[Freddie Fiers] I first started listening to EDM (electronic dance music) when I was in diapers, my mother had every one of those %100 dance music CD's. She would always play them while she cleaned the house, or when we had a house party.

[IF]What was your first event as a attendee?
[Freddie Fiers]The first event I ever went to...well I guess it depends on the event. I went to my first punk rock show at 7 years old at this place called the Gilman on San Pablo in California. I'm pretty sure I saw the Vines perform in there. But if you're asking what my first RAVE was well I was 14 years old, and it was hard to find. I had to go to a map point, that led me to a shuttle bus and that shuttle bus took me to the worst part of Oakland Ca. into this warehouse called the "CrackHouse" lol, good times and no I did not do crack in the crack house. I just danced the night away listening to the sweet sounds of Electro & Hardcore.

[IF]Who was your  first favorite artist/group?
[Freddie Fiers]My first favorite artist Crystal Waters %100 pure love. That song has stuck with me until this very day.

[IF]When did you first start producing?

[Freddie Fiers]I first started producing my own music in the summer of 2010. I'm still learning which is why I'm working to get my Masters in Music production and looking to graduate 2012.

[IF]When did you start DJing?How did you learn?

[Freddie Fiers]I was about 11 years old when I first asked my father if I could get turntables, he shut me down instantly. He wanted me to stick with playing instruments like the piano, drums, guitar, bass etc. My love for electronic music was so big that I saved every penny I had and at age 14 I bought my own set of turntables, mixer and sound system. The way I learned was just plane and simple, I taught myself.

[IF]First setup and current set up(including comps, software,drum-pads, etc)

[Freddie Fiers] My first DJ set up was some really horrible gemini belt driven turntables and a numark mixer. It was so bad that when I first invested into technics I felt like a pro using them, my beat matching capability was AMAZING when I got my 1200's. My current studio set up is really simply actually, its a E-Mu xboard25 and a desktop mac computer I'm mainly using Logic 8 for production. As far as DJ set up now, because I live with such awesome roommate we have 2 CDJ 2000's an DJM800 mixer nd nice Behringer speakers. And of course we have 2 techs in the house to keep it really real.

[IF]When was your first Gig/Performance?

[Freddie Fiers]One of my first major gigs was DJing at the Gay Pride festival 2008 in San Francisco California. It was a side stage, but it was my stage and I packed that whole block with beautiful dancing people.

[IF]Who has been a major influence to your productions?

[Freddie Fiers]One of my major influence is my room mate Jordan Atkins-Loria also known as Lucky Date. He had been producing for years and right around the time I started DJing and getting booked he told me "Freddie you should really start getting into music production, not many females do what you do and it'll only better your musical career." I took his wise words ran with it, it was also is brilliant idea to have me move to Chicago. Which changed my life, thanks Jordan.

[IF]What are your future goals for performances and productions?

[Freddie Fiers]My future goals for performing and creating music is to just keep on keepin' on, don't stop and progress as the world does. Change and adapt to different sounds and style to what keeps our booty's shaking on the dance floor.

[IF]Do you collab with anyone?If so who?

[Freddie Fiers]I am currently working on a super secrete album with another female artist here in Chicago. It'll be something un-heard of sound so sweet, so promiscuous, so sexy it will make your panties drop.

[IF]What is your Favorite or prefered performing equipment?(ie;Turntables(maker)/CDjs/Drumpads/Keyboards/Controllers)

[Freddie Fiers]I prefer to play with CDJ 2000's and a DJM 800 mixer. The capability of those machines are just simply wonderful.

[IF]What is the biggest event you want to perform at?

[Freddie Fiers] The biggest event I would want to perform at . . . well theres a few. First being the WMC in Miami then Burning Man, I can't forget about Coachella either or Lala Palooza here in Chicago. But I think my ultimate goal would be to play on the island of Ibiza. That would be the gig of a life time.

Thank you for your time and reading the blog. I love you all.
Sincerely, Freddie Fiers.
 Tracks:
  GuestList - Freddie Fiers (Original) by FREDDIE FIERS 

No comments:

Post a Comment